The Missouri State University Alumni Association proudly presents awards of special recognition to distinguished individuals in six categories. Award recipients are selected annually and honored for their exceptional achievements.
The Volunteer of the Year Award honors alumni who have made an extraordinary effort to advance the reach and impact of Missouri State University. This award celebrates individuals or groups who have demonstrated exceptional dedication, leadership or service to the Missouri State community.
The Award of Appreciation honors retired faculty and staff members for achievement in their professional or academic field and loyalty to the University.
The Alumni Award for Excellence in Public Affairs recognizes graduates who have exceptional achievements in their professional endeavors, while demonstrating outstanding commitment to the ideals of public service.
The Outstanding Young Alumni Award recognizes graduates 45 years of age or younger who have demonstrated extraordinary achievement in their personal and professional endeavors, and have brought honor to Missouri State University.
The Outstanding Alumni Award recognizes recipients for extraordinary achievement in their personal and professional endeavors. Among the qualities considered are notable success in a profession or business, loyalty to the University and outstanding contributions to society.
The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes alumni of Missouri State University whose life and accomplishments have earned the respect of their industry, profession or community.
- Submit letter(s) of nomination on behalf of the candidate – Include contact information, should we need to make contact for clarification of details.Nomination letters should include the following information:
- Name of nominated individual
- Relationship with nominee (i.e. colleague, former student, business associate, personal acquaintance, etc.)
- Description or examples of how the nominee has excelled in their chosen field/profession or exemplifies the award description
- Career accomplishments, recognition or achievements
- Validation that the nominee is a good citizen and contributing member to society
- Statement of how the nominee has brought honor to Missouri State University
- Include a resume’ or professional vita
- Include any supporting materials that may be available – i.e. newspaper clippings, magazine articles, news releases, photographs, etc.
- Deadline: Provide this information to the address below by July 1.
The selection committee is made up of members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors. The committee will begin reviewing materials around July 15. Letters of nomination and supporting materials should be submitted before that date. Final selections will be made by late summer, and announced in print and electronic communications relating to Homecoming. (Nomination materials for individuals not selected in the year they are received will be carried forward for future review by the committee. Updates to these files are welcome and encouraged at any time.)
The awards are presented annually at the Homecoming Dinner and Awards Ceremony – scheduled this year on Friday, October 18, 2013.
Submit letters of nomination and supporting materials to:
Office of Alumni Relations
Missouri State University
901 S. National Avenue
Springfield, MO 65897