The Missouri State University Alumni Association proudly presents awards of special recognition to distinguished individuals in six categories. Award recipients are selected annually and honored for their exceptional achievements.
The Volunteer of the Year Award honors alumni who have made an extraordinary effort to advance the reach and impact of Missouri State University. This award celebrates individuals or groups who have demonstrated exceptional dedication, leadership or service to the Missouri State community.
The Award of Appreciation honors retired faculty and staff members for achievement in their professional or academic field and loyalty to the University.
The Alumni Award for Excellence in Public Affairs recognizes graduates who have exceptional achievements in their professional endeavors, while demonstrating outstanding commitment to the ideals of public service.
The Outstanding Young Alumni Award recognizes graduates 45 years of age or younger who have demonstrated extraordinary achievement in their personal and professional endeavors, and have brought honor to Missouri State University.
The Outstanding Alumni Award recognizes recipients for extraordinary achievement in their personal and professional endeavors. Among the qualities considered are notable success in a profession or business, loyalty to the University and outstanding contributions to society.
The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes alumni of Missouri State University whose life and accomplishments have earned the respect of their industry, profession or community.
- Complete an Alumni Awards Nomination Form
- Gather letters of nomination and any additional materials that support the nomination. To ensure that your candidate receives full consideration from the selection committee, provide concise, but complete, descriptions of how the nominee’s actions and achievements meet the criteria for the award, based on the award description.
- Letters of nominations should include:
- Examples of how the nominee exemplifies the qualities of the award description.
- Descriptions of how the nominee has excelled in their chosen field/profession or their civic life.
- Any specific career or civic accomplishments, awards or achievements.
- Validation that the nominee is a good citizen and contributing member to society.
- Statement of how the nominee has brought honor to Missouri State University.
- Supporting documents
- Any pertinent supporting materials that will aid in the selection process – i.e. newspaper clippings, magazine articles, news releases, photographs, etc.
- A resume’ or professional vita.
- Additional letter/s of recommendation from friends and/or colleagues.
- Format: Please DO NOT submit materials that have been bound or placed in notebooks or plastic sleeves.
- Submit the Alumni Awards Nomination Form, letters of nomination and any supporting documents to the Alumni Association by May 2, 2014. Submissions can be completed online, sent by email to email@example.com, faxed to 417-836-6886, or delivered in hard-copy form to the Alumni Association office.
The selection committee is made up of members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors. Final selections will be made by late spring. Award recipients will be notified, in most cases, by June 1, and announced in print and electronic communications relating to Homecoming. (Nomination materials for individuals not selected in the year they are received will be carried forward for future review by the committee. Updates to these files are welcome and encouraged at any time.)
The awards are presented annually at the Homecoming Dinner and Awards Ceremony – scheduled this year on Friday, October 17, 2014.
Mail letters of nomination and supporting materials to:
Lori Fan, Executive Director of Alumni Relations
Missouri State University
Kenneth E. Meyer Alumni Center, Ste. 100
300 South Jefferson Avenue
Springfield, MO 65806