- Complete an Alumni Awards Nomination Form online or via hard copy.
- Gather letters of nomination and any additional materials that support the nomination. To ensure that your candidate receives full consideration from the selection committee, provide concise, but complete, descriptions of how the nominee’s actions and achievements meet the criteria for the award, based on the award description.
- Letters of nominations should include:
- Examples of how the nominee exemplifies the qualities of the award description.
- Descriptions of how the nominee has excelled in their chosen field/profession or their civic life.
- Any specific career or civic accomplishments, awards or achievements.
- Validation that the nominee is a good citizen and contributing member to society.
- Statement of how the nominee has brought honor to Missouri State University.
- Supporting documents
- Any pertinent supporting materials that will aid in the selection process – i.e. newspaper clippings, magazine articles, news releases, photographs, etc.
- A resume’ or professional vita.
- Additional letter/s of recommendation from friends and/or colleagues.
- Format: Please DO NOT submit materials that have been bound or placed in notebooks or plastic sleeves.
- Submit the Alumni Awards Nomination Form, letters of nomination and any supporting documents to the Alumni Association. Submissions can be completed online, sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 417-836-6886, or delivered in hard-copy form to the Alumni Association office.
Mail letters of nomination and supporting materials to:
Lori Fan, Executive Director of Alumni Relations
Missouri State University
Kenneth E. Meyer Alumni Center, Ste. 100
300 South Jefferson Avenue
Springfield, MO 65806
The selection committee is made up of members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors. Final selections will be made by early spring. Award recipients will be notified, in most cases, by Feb. 1.
Nomination materials for individuals not selected in the year they are received will be carried forward for future review by the committee. Updates to these files are welcome and encouraged at any time.
The next awards banquet is scheduled for June 24, 2017.