R.E.A.L. Bears (Recruiting Emerging Alumni Leaders) is a student organization sponsored by the Missouri State Alumni Association.
R.E.A.L. Bears Mission
The mission of the R.E.A.L. (Recruiting Emerging Alumni Leaders) Bears of Missouri State University is to bridge the gap between current students, alumni and the University through the development of professional relationships, public affairs, student philanthropy and celebrating the experience of being a Bear.
R.E.A.L. Bears is about:
- Getting involved with the University
- Developing leadership skills
- Connecting with alumni
- Building relationships
- Participating in community service
The Student Alumni Association was established in 1987 in order to bridge the gap between alumni, students, and the University.
In 2006, we changed our name to the Recruiting Emerging Alumni Leaders or R.E.A.L. Bears to better fit our mission. There are more than 500 alumni that have benefitted from R.E.A.L. Bears or the Student Alumni Association.
- President: Ali Jemes
- Secretary: Abbey Roussell
- Vice President of External Programs: Tylyn Anders
- Vice President of Internal Programs: Summer Holmes
- Vice President of Membership: Amanda Harris
- Vice President of Philanthropy: Elvy Ramirez Diaz
- Vice President of Marketing and Publications: Abby Morrow
- Advisor: Taylor Juenger, Graduate Assistant
- Staff Sponsor: Candice Wolf, Assistant Director of Alumni Activities