R.E.A.L. Bears (Recruiting Emerging Alumni Leaders) is a student organization sponsored by the Missouri State Alumni Association.
About R.E.A.L. Bears
R.E.A.L. Bears promotes an understanding and awareness of alumni programs while students are still enrolled in school, and encourages their loyalty to Missouri State after graduation. Members participate in University-sponsored events such as Homecoming, the Missouri State Birthday Party, Missouri State athletics and more.
R.E.A.L. Bears is about:
- Getting involved with the University
- Developing leadership skills
- Connecting with alumni
- Building relationships
- Participating in community service
The Student Alumni Association was established in 1987 in order to bridge the gap between alumni, students, and the University.
In 2006, we changed our name to the Recruiting Emerging Alumni Leaders or R.E.A.L. Bears to better fit our mission. There are more than 500 alumni that have benefitted from R.E.A.L. Bears or the Student Alumni Association.
- President: Caitlin Harris
- Vice President: Brandon Alejo- Morgan
- Secretary: Zoe Ellis
- Historian: Ali Jemes
- Recruitment Chair: Faith Orie- Okpewho
- Philanthropy Chair: Kelly Krepel
- Social Chair: Sarah Hassan
- Advisor: Taylor Juenger, Graduate Assistant
- Sponsor: Candice Wolf, Assistant Director of Alumni Activities