Interested in joining SAA? We have recruitment events at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters, but students may apply at any time. Candidates undergo a selection process that includes an application screening and an interview with current SAA members and advisors.
Application for membership is open to any Missouri State student who:
- Maintains a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Can attend our weekly meetings on Thursdays at 4PM
- Has at least two semesters of school remaining
- Is enthusiastic about Missouri State
Apply for SAA
To apply for SAA, please complete the SAA application form. We also encourage you to attend our info night this fall. This will be held on Thursday, August 26th at 4:00 pm in PSU Rm 315. Recruitment for the fall '21 semester ends October 1st.
Benefits of being a member
- Exclusive members’ only scholarships
- Networking opportunities with alumni and campus leaders
- Leadership development opportunities
- Opportunities to develop professional skills and build your resume
- Access to exclusive alumni events
- Make an impact as an advocate for the university
Activities and events
SAA members participate in many activities such as:
- Hosting the Missouri State Birthday Party
- Sponsorship of the Be a Bear shirt
- Dinner with 8 Bears liaison program
- Giving back to the University and community
- Volunteering at skyboxes during Missouri State football games
- Assisting with Homecoming and other Alumni Association events
Aside from supporting outside organizations and activities, SAA also hosts many "members only" activities to socialize and build life-long relationships, while developing leadership and professional skills.