Fall 2023 host registration
Host a dinner for current Missouri State students to attend during the fall semester. The time, location, topic of conversation and meals are chosen by the alumnus/a host. You will cover the cost of the meal.
Please select a day between November 5 - 11 to host your dinner for eight.
What to expect
The time, location, topic of conversation and meal are chosen by the alumnus/a host. As the host, you'll decide the details, including:
- preferred group size
- school audience preference
Hosts cover the cost of the meal; however hosts may receive in-kind donation credit (receipts required) for the cost of providing the meal.
Making the most of your Dinner with Eight Bears
Consider the theme.
- What topics of conversation are you interested in? (Networking, particular career fields, student involvement, study abroad experiences, etc.)
- Are there specific types of students you want to talk with? (First-generation college students, non-traditional students, fraternity-sorority life, etc.)
- We’ll include any special interests in your dinner’s profile to help attract students who have common interests.
Decide on the number of students you want to host.
- Eight is just a suggestion—you decide what is comfortable for you. You may consider allowing a few extra spots at the table as students sometimes have to cancel.
Consider a co-host.
- To help ensure you have a good student-to-host ratio, we ask that you have at least one co-host, and that at least one of you be a Missouri State graduate. If you need help finding a co-host, we have alumni volunteers that would be happy to join you.
Consider the productive outcome of your dinner.
- What valuable takeaways do you want students to leave with? Structure your conversation toward that purpose.
Start with an icebreaker.