Interested in joining SAA? We have recruitment events at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters, but students may apply at any time. Candidates undergo a selection process that includes an application screening and an interview with current SAA members and advisors.
Application for membership is open to any Missouri State student who:
- Maintains a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Has at least two semesters of school remaining
- Is enthusiastic about Missouri State
Apply for SAA
To apply for SAA, please complete our interest form here. Our spring interviews are Friday, January 26th from 2-4 pm. If you are unable to attend those interview, or that date has passed, you will be contacted by the executive board to arrange an individual interview for membership.
Benefits of being a member
- Exclusive members’ only scholarships
- Networking opportunities with alumni and campus leaders
- Leadership development opportunities
- Opportunities to develop professional skills and build your resume
- Access to exclusive alumni events
- Make an impact as an advocate for the university
Activities and events
SAA members participate in many activities such as:
- Hosting the Missouri State Birthday Party
- Sponsorship of the Be a Bear shirt
- Giving back to the University and community
- Volunteering at skyboxes during Missouri State football games
- Assisting with Homecoming and other Alumni Association events
Aside from supporting outside organizations and activities, SAA also hosts many "members only" activities to socialize and build life-long relationships, while developing leadership and professional skills.