The Career Center is hosting a Career Fair Week that will include several virtual career fairs for different industries during the week of February 8, 2021.
The virtual career fairs are FREE for all students and alumni. These fairs would be best suited for alumni with five or less years in a career field. Registration is required via Handshake.
How to register in Handshake
Register for a Handshake account.
- If you graduated prior to Summer 2017, visit https://app.joinhandshake.com/register
- If you graduated Summer 2017 and after, visit https://missouristate.joinhandshake.com/
If you use an email that is not .edu, you will be prompted to answer a few questions including your M# and when you attended Missouri State.
If you do not know your M#, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance, and we will respond during business hours. Your Handshake submission will be reviewed by the Career Center and approved within 1-2 days.
Attend the virtual career fair training
Participants should attend one of the Career Fair Prep Workshops so they can better understand how the process will work.
Key advantages for alums with under five years experience in a field
- Ability to participate in group information sessions as well as one-on-one sessions with employers.
- Registering ahead of time for these sessions provides the opportunity to schedule a specific meeting time with an employer.
- You can upload your resume and connect your Handshake profile so employers can learn more about you. This may lead to stronger connections and increased opportunities for follow-up after the fair.